Re: pppd problem

It can be even a problem with the phone line. It happened to me last week,
and for the whole week, wvdial detected carrier prompt, but never a password
prompt, and it said "don't know what to do, hoping for the best". And I
was never connected. Since it was working fine till then, I suspected
the telephone line(The notorious DoT). And I was right. After 5 days of
frustration, now everything is just working fine. So double check your
phone line too. It may not always be that Linux is at fault.

Vivek khurana <vivekkhurana_in@xxxxxxx> had recently mailed thus:
>>Hi:-)
>>
>>   I am facing a problem in connecting to the net i am using wvdial my problem
>>is
>>  When i use wvdial it connects to server and detects a carrier but after some

| V Suresh                           | ILUG - Madurai Co-ordinator         |
| Mail - suresh-grl@xxxxxxx          |                                     |
| URL  - www16.brinkster.com/vsuresh | Mail - linux-madurai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|

 11:32pm  up 7 min,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.03, 0.01