startup Services - Package not available

dear Friends,

This is in reference to my previous post. I am sorry for putting 2 mails
for the same problem but i have discovered something extra.

to brief u of the prob. I have ftp server installed. But when i try to
setup the service using linuxconf it gives me some error (which I can't
see) bcoz the creen changes fast. hence I can't start the ftp service. on
opening the control service window for ftp or telnet it says No package
manager availble.

Where is the possible prob? can I start it using some scripts (of which I
don't know). I have installed he ftp server telnet server which comes with
RH 7.0

Goldwyn :o)