Re: 2.4.1 + XFree86 4 for i810

On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 10:06:07PM +0530, Sunny Holani merrily said:
>     Been trying to make 2.4.1 + XFree86 4 work for my i810 for quite some
> time now, but it doesnt work. The agpgart is alright, but seems like some
> problem with the i810 module in the Xserver. I downloaded the binaries for
> X. Is anyone here running XF4 on an i810? How did you manage it! Please
> help.

Hi Sunny!

Just a thought. Do you still have any of those Intel drivers/modules
hanging around?  I mean the ones for XFree86-3.3.x like XFCom_810
etc.?
If you do, you got to remove ALL traces of them before trying to use
XFree-4.x. The reason is that the I810_GTT and the XFCom_810 rpms
given by intel are made for each other and incompatible with every
thing else like the agpgart module for kernel 2.4.0 or XFree-4.x

I am using Xfree 4.0 with kernel 2.4.2. But I had to upgrade my system
to RH7.0. I know, it's got a broken gcc, but it also got glibc2.2. And
how long does it take to upgrade gcc anyway?

> P.S - All that talk of FreeBSD is tantalizing. Is anyone running X on an
> i810 FreeBSD system? :)

I hope so soon!! ;) Let's get really FREE!! :P

- Sandip

--
Sandip Bhattacharya