Re: 2.4.1 + XFree86 4 for i810

Hey,

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, Sandip Bhattacharya wrote:

>Just a thought. Do you still have any of those Intel drivers/modules
>hanging around?  I mean the ones for XFree86-3.3.x like XFCom_810
>etc.?

Nope. Never used them. However, what do you do about the existing
/usr/bin/X11R6 when you upgrade to XF 4 ? I've tried both moving it to
another location, or letting the XF4 install script over write the files
in it.. and it doesnt work in either case. I guess moving the old
directory to another place would be ideal, but then I lose all my other X
stuff... even the window managers. So?

>I am using Xfree 4.0 with kernel 2.4.2.

My dream configuration. Can you tell me what you did? What distribution
was it anyway? Did you do anything distribution specific? I dont have the
luxury of Xconfigurator and stuff like that.

>> i810 FreeBSD system? :)
>
>I hope so soon!! ;) Let's get really FREE!! :P

I guess I'll try it out on another system I have access to, anyway. Please
let me know when you get the CD's and are done with them.

Regards,
-- Sunny.