Re: Help with Debian + X

On Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 09:35:33AM -0500, V Suresh wrote:
>Hi,
>  I recently installed Debian 2.2, but am not able to get X running. I
>have i810 m/b. The kernel that comes with the release is 2.2.18pre21. It
>supports i810 and agpgart. I did compile these during installation and
>they are loaded as modules during boot up. Running xf86config, I am only
>able to select vga16 server which has very poor color and resolution. If
>I select SVGA it doesn't work and exits with error saying
> SVGA: error doing ioctl(GARTIOCINFO) invalid argument.
I am runnin one debian box under i810
but I installed it so long ago that i seem to forget what
did I did 2 make it work.

well Jaswindar <jskolhi@xxxxxxx> is runnin his i810
box on debian and he is quite bleeding edge kind
may be he remembers how we cracked it.
he is not on the list as his exams r close pls mail
him and fwd his reply to the list.
ThanX

>  Previously I had to do a mknod agpgart c 10 175   since agpgart was
>absent under /dev. Any Debianers with i810 and X please help me.

---end quoted text---

--
I don't care where I sit as long as I get fed.
		-- Calvin Trillin