Mutt doubts ( Four in all :-) )

I am not understanding much about mutt. The documentations too don't
clarify much. So I post my doubts here:
1. There was a /root/Mail dir, which had inbox, outbox, etc.
    After reading previous messages thru mutt, I deleted all
    messages in inbox, then the box itself is gone.How do I 	    create
a inbox?
2. What does mutt do when I ask it to send a message after
composing one? Where does it keep the unsent messages and     how  do I
send them from the command line to my ISP?
3. How do I receive mails from my ISP( I guess fetchmail),
   and when mails are received where are they kept?
4. How do I tell mutt the default inbox, outbox, etc?
--
V Suresh

Email: suresh-grl@xxxxxxx
      vsuresh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx