From: linux-delhi-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:linux-delhi-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Ambar Roy
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2001 11:23 PM
To: linux-delhi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [linux-delhi] updating the kernel?

Hi,

> I meant to say would I be required to Install everything from SCRATCH??

not unless u r doing a major jump (say from 2.0 to 2.2 or from 2.2 to 2.4)
and even then u can keep yr existing setup.. u just need to do more if u do
this kinda jump.. if u r upgrading from the same series, then u can either
download a binary for your distro or u can follow what i had said in the
earlier mail!

Bye,