Re: alsa-sound

Hi Rahul,
               I had also compiled sound module afew days before.
U only have to add the lines given in the manual to modules.conf or
conf.modules.(with only 2 changes according to ur soundcard).I think u dont
have to give any path there.
First check, if alsa-driver....../modules directory contains the concerned
.o file.

I think the problem may be because u are not doing these things as root.Try
this:-
1.  copy ur alsa-driver-0.5.10b directory to /root (logged in as root).
2.  then follow the steps from ./configure to modprobe snd-card-...
3  If everything goes well ,then reboot.

Let me know if this works.
Bye