Printer Config Problems

Pai, thanks for the suggestion about my Printer. Magicfilter worked fine. Printtool detected my printer on /dev/lp0 and it printed the test page. At first, it was printing with the staircase effect but when I selected the CR -> LF option Printtool printed the test page properly and still does. However, when I do a ls > /dev/lp0 or something like that I still get the staircase effect though Printtool does it fine. Any solutions anyone ?
---
cout<<"Hello World !";