re: Printer Config Problem

Dear Ashish,

I believe you have to use magicfilter. Look for it at rpmfind.com or at sunsite.unc.edu.

-- Pai

ashmukh@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Dear All,

Need some help from all. I'm trying to setup my HP Deskjet 610C printer in Linux but am unable to do so.
When I use printtool - it doesn't auto-detect on any of my ports. I also tried adding it manually by selecting
6xxC from the options. However, it doesn't print when I try to print the test page or print any other document.
HP don't have any specific drivers of their own either
though they have NT, Win 2K and Windows Me !
Followed all the steps in the Printing HOW-TO as well but that doesn't work too.  Any suggestions ?

Thanks
Ashish