Re: Installing

Dear,

I've been using windows (3.1/95/98/NT) from 5-6 yrs and started with RH
Linux just a few weeks back, so even I could be wrong.
I guess you are not wrong anywhere, but I think you want the hardway to run
Linux and here to my friend Anuranjan. Firstly, you don't have to format
everything. Since, Anu already has a HDD having 2 partitions. Mail the
parameters of your hard disk to begin with. Also the size of each partition
because if the partitions are adequate enough you can simply make one
partition empty (by copying data from one to the other) and start your Linux
installation on the free partition (you can either leave it as MS Dos
partition or convert it to Linux native).

Simmilarly, using Lilo is one of the best options. I don't mind having a
bootable disk (which I can use for rescuing the system if my Lilo crashes or
gets damaged). But, Lilo works great, no problem if you have windows 95/98
or NT as another OS on your machine. Lilo will identify (during
installation) and give you the option to boot to any OS of your desire
everytime when you boot your PC.

Personally call someone to get help, because several issues need to be
discussed. But, if you love adventure then don't worry and go ahead install
RHL 6.2 just take care that you select the right partition while
installation. Rest assured, you'll not loose your Windows data if you don't
tamper with the Win partition.

regards,
Bhummanjot S.