Re: Weird Partition reading error in LArge HDD

Hi,

Are you sure that /dev/hda3 is formatted (with FAT32?).
First format it (in windows if you wish) and then try again.

Also, verify whether you're referring to the right partition
by running linux fdisk again and printing the partition table.
If you're sure it's /dev/hda3, you can also format it via:

# /sbin/mkfs.msdos -v -F 32 /dev/hda3

and try mounting it again.

The reason why people might have suggested you to have only one
primary partition is because of weird naming scheme and other problems
with windoze.  I just added a second hard disk a month ago, and guess
what?  My old D: became E:, E: became F: and so on.  Had to manually
move shift installed programs (they don't work otherwise).

Linux deals with partitions in a very clean manner, and does not
suffer from these complications.

Regards,
Lokesh Setia.