Weird Partition reading error in LArge HDD

Hi!
I just got a new 20GB Hard disk ....and it has been giving me a hard time
ever since ..

First I landed up with that dreaded 1024 cylinder problem. After going
through all the discussions on this list, i tried the following partition
scheme

    hda1 (5GB) Windoze 98  - Primary
    hda2(5GB) Windoze extended with all linux logical partitions ..../boot
being the first one ...thus helping lilo out.
         hda5 - /boot
         hda6 - swap
         hda7 - /home
         hda8 - /
         hda9 - /usr
   hda3(5GB) Windows FAT32
   hda4(5GB) ...linux now ...hopefully freeBSD by this month end :)

Now my problem is that Windows manages to read hda3 - the second primary
,...but surprisingly Linux doesn't. I know everybody said that don't make
more than one primary ...but I don't see the problem  here ...

Linux manages to mount hda1 but while mounting hda3 it gives that clueless
message("couldn't mount .. bad fs or too many mounted fs ..couldn't find
valid msdos signature ...etc.etc")

Help ...anybody???

- Sandip

Sandip Bhattacharya