TCP connection denied on port 25

Hi folks! I have run into a strange problem here. One
of our servers running on a dn.net server has qmail
running on it. qmail-smtpd is being run using
tcpserver on port 25.

Now from the server itself, mails are being delivered
to their correct destination i.e. outgoing mails are
working both through qmail-inject as well as normal
smtp.

But connections from outside the server on port 25 are
being refused. The message being:
>telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection
refused

uname -a on the server gives

> Linux linuxxxxx.dn.net 2.2.14 #1 SMP Tue Jan 11
11:23:02 EST 2000 i686 unknown

The server is a redhat 6.0 with an updated kernel.
There is no ipchains package available. The only other
place where i thought that it might be a problem is
the tcprules set. The particular tcprules set being
used is as follows

> 127.0.0.1:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
> :allow
the last line allowing connections from anywhere. From
all that i could see there is no restriction on the
server anywhere. Even machines from the dn.net domain
are not able to connect to this server on port 25.

The only other place where there can be a problem is
in ipchains. But both ipchains and ipfwadmin are not
present. Is there anywhere else I can see to find out
any IP based restrictions?? What could be the problem
here??

- Sandip

=====