Re: new idea

Those who suggest to use "rsync", I have couple of questions for you.
I saw the site and document,
*  The largest test was 24MB.  I am looking for giga bytes servers, Will it support ? Also someone in mailing list raise the issue of eating so much "CPU" by "rsync" ??
  *  It does not address replicating all the file attributes (as far as I can tell).
  *  It does not address the initial synchronization problem ?

Thanks

--- Richard Sharpe <sharpe@xxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>At 12:50 PM 8/12/00 +0930, Dan Shearer wrote:

>>> I think you need to re-read the question.  It was a single file
>>> of 2 gig in size.
>>>
>>> I have done something in a commercial environment for a relatively
>>> large file, which involves:
>>>
>>> 1)  Running the transaction file on a mirrored drive.
>>> 2)  Breaking the mirror (to get a "reasonably consistent snapshot).
>>> 3)  Backing up the non-used ex mirror.