Re: Linux Mandrake

Ambar Roy wrote:

> > why the f*** would you want to be rh compltible
> > if you are using mandrake you r using mandrake
> > so you can get stuff for mandrake
> > and mandrake is a lot easy to install learn
> > and configure 4 a novice
> > so my advice* is get mandrake use it 4 a while
> > throw it get something else.
> becauz ppl get taken by the rh compatible thing with mandrake. everyone
> thinks that since mandrake is rh compatibe it shud work like rh, which it
> does not.. and for a newbie this can be quite frustrating.. and who said
What i said was If you are using Mandrake why are you
worried about it being rh compatible

> that mandrake is a lot easier to learn.. i agree that it is a lot easier to
> install, but i find mandrake as easy or difficult as rh.. and also not many

i find debian much easier
but we are not talking about me or you its about another
guy who asked
and i say use mandrake cuz i have seen novices use it
and its easy to get use to.

> rpms are available for mandrake.. in fact if some1 is starting with linux
> debian can be a better choice than mandrake..

hehe some of them are'nt avaliable as rpms either
so you can't compile a tar don't tell me.

4 that I'm using gnu/linux sincemore then  a year

Pankaj Kaushal
                       \\|//
                       (@ @)
o==---------------oOO---(_)---OOo----------------==o
     All that you touch, create, see, destroy,
     taste, do, feel, say, love, eat, hate,
     distrust, slight, save
     And everything under the sun is in tune,
     But the sun is eclipsed By the moon.
     There is no dark side of the moon
     ... really... matter of fact it's all dark.

                     ||    ||
                    ooO    Ooo