Re: yacc v0.1 (Yet Another Constitution Candidate)

Raghavendra Bhat proclaimed:
> {Wondering if this is true or is it a daydream ?]

Well.  All the dreams I've been having, not related to li-reg I must hasten
to add, have been nightmares. ;-)

> "Gurunandan R. Bhat" is dead on target:
> > LI should not raise funds (either from sponsorships or donations or
> > membership dues, anything) in a manner that would create wealth
> > (capital). On the other hand it should strive to raise monies for
> > specific programmes and spend them exactly on those programmes. In
> > short, between two programmes, LI should be as broke as the Ten
> > Commandments.
> One of the best ideas put forward in these discussions. I wholly
> second these.  But is it going to stick, Guru ?

The nice thing about LI will be its democracy.  Since reps from all over
the country are going to be part of it, I think there is a much better
chance of making it stick.

> People/Baby-LUGs
> who/which raise/get money will be reluctant to let go.  Politics
> for power/pelf are going to happen if we do not adhere to these
> guidelines strictly as suggested.

Honeslty, some of the politics that we see around us is more because of
lack or breakdown of communications and not genuine intent to politick.

The national representative nature of LI will ensure, IMO, good
communications.

Thaths
--
Bart:  I don't want to take drugs.
Homer: Sure you do.  All your favorite stars abuse drugs.  Brett Butler,