Re: A Question.

On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 03:20:50PM +0530, G.Sagar wrote:
> ILUG-Bom has a core panel of members and we have our own list. I am
> being asked to forward all LI-Reg mails to that list (abt 10-12 people).
> Can I do that ?

Personally I don't have a problem with that. The primary reason for
keeping the list closed is members getting heat about each and every
thing they've said on the list and influencing their further voting
on issues. Sort of like sequestering the jury in the western legal
system.

Since this has been raised by Biju too, could we have a quick focussed
discussion on this ? Please don't bring in other issues in this thread
and keep the scope very narrow.

The proposals in chronological order:

(a) Keep the list private, archives published at the end of discussion
(b) Make the list private, archives published weekly
(c) Make the list read only, archives public and messages forwardable

	-Arun