Re: [vikram] think and flame

> Firstly, your wisdom was unasked for. No one posted
> a request for a fork bomb.
> If someone had asked how to handle fork bombs, then
> a lengthy discussion on
> bean counting would not be unwarranted. But this did
> not happen.

i guess you are draging this issue a little bit too
much

> Secondly, if you want to make a point then do it in
> a manner that does not
> put other folks into trouble. Don't surprise people
> and make a fool of them,
> it's bad manners.
>
> Thirdly, there are several people in this group who
> are not as experienced as
> you are. They are new to linux, unaware of security
> issues... and so this is a
> _really_bad_ way to bring this to someones
> attention.

dont over react i dont see too much of a harm either

> Many years ago, I tried this on my slackware box and
> ended up reinstalling.
> Unlike your claims, you can never be certain that
> your fs will be intact after
> a hard reboot. I can see a fork bomb when I see one,
> my system was immune to
> your stunt and I lost nothing when I tried anyway.
> Others may be less
> fortunate.

well how immune is your system ?

> Not everyone on this list is interested in bean
> counting, kernel hacking, etc.
oh yeah what makes you think so?

> and you can't expect everyone to learn/understand
> it. Some folks just want to
> use linux as the means to an end and not an end in
> itself. No matter how keen
> you are in development you can't ignore your users
> and jeopardize things. Your
> action is not supporting the linux community, and
> others have to jump in to
> control the damage. I'm annoyed that I had to do
> this.
well this is gay a small prank and you are making
a mess of it

> If you want to do some good, then write an article
> and post a link to it.  I'm
> sure that the web masters will be happy to host it
> on chennailug.org if
> necessary. Many people (me included) will be happy
> and thankfull if you write
> a convincing article. If you can't write a
> convincing article, then too bad.
>
> Try to understand that "spirit of intent" is a poor
> excuse for behaving badly.

well sure but hey stop flaming this way this sucks
he acknowledged the thing and you still go on just
coz you have a chance against someone well you
yourself
need to think twice before you post such stuff

swaraj