Re: Need software

hi,

    -> Try at www.gtcdrom.com

    Ravi> 	http://www.gtcdrom.com/Reseller.htm has this listed:
    Ravi>    CHENNAI / MADRAS DOVE MULTIMEDIA / CHENNAI MULTIMEDIA
    Ravi> Contact Person : Mr. D. Karthikeyan Address : # 15/2,
    Ravi> Marshalls Road, Flat 008 Phone : 8546297 Fax : 44-8546297
    Ravi> E-mail : dove@xxxxxxxx

ROTFL!

    -> I think it is time someone started seriously thinking about
    -> starting a small linux store here offering simple services.
    -> You should have quite a few customers.

    Ravi> 	Oh. First of all, Isn't Dove Multimedia exactly that?

Nope, they are supposed to be that.  But last time I looked at their
wares, it was all old stuff.  I also heard someone mention recently
(was it Asokan?) that Dove is no more interested in being a
distributor etc.

    Ravi> Second, if not, we should probably write to GT or LinuxMall
    Ravi> or some guys, to openshop here.

I did write a while ago to GT and then to LSL Austrailia and tried
getting them both together.  But AFAIK nothing came of it - atleast
neither party bothered to let me know if anything interesting came of
it.

Anyway, I looked at the gtcdrom site.  They do have some good
stuff. rs 600 for a 3 CD debian 2.2 set.  A bit much but should be ok
for corporates.

    http://www.gtcdrom.com/CheapCDs.htm

they also appear to have a book on Debian for the same price.