Re: 64 MB instead of 256 MB

->when I issue the command free it shows the memory as 63928KB but My RAM
->size is 256MB.How can I make my linux system to use the full RAM

       	 " Memory detection on 2.2.x (and earlier) kernels may detect
           incorrect amount of memory (more than 64M) on certain
           motherboards/BIOS.  One fix would be to edit /etc/lilo.conf and
           add 'append="mem=xxxM"' where xxx is the amount of memory, in
           megabytes.  Example: 'append="mem=128M"' for 128megs."

	In your particular case, you would add the line

			 append "mem=256M"

	to your /etc/lilo.conf

	-r

--
Ravikant K.Rao | finger ravi@xxxxxxxxxxx for more details.
  6:55am  up 3 days, 14:25,  4 users,  load average: 0.25, 0.10, 0.04