Re: How to configure sound card

On Sat, 21 Oct 2000, [iso-8859-1] Gayathri Krishnan wrote:
> # sndconfig
> A PCI sound card was found
> Model : ESS technology
> unknown device : 125d:1988 - not supported.

This inbuilt soundcard is not supported currently by any
linux-distro.  Earlier i posted the same question to Dr.Sriram (the
original).  I think he was using iBM PC 300GL model at that time.  I don't
know whether the situation improved now.

Note to Dr.Sriram:

Did you find any sound driver after that for the above card which comes with
IBM PC 300GL model?

> I also want to know how to install a font and how to
> set up a JDBC, odbc connection.

Regd. installing a new font, a good howto is avl. under /usr/doc/HOWTO .  Read
that.

-- mks --