RE: Attn: Webmaster

On Fri, 20 Oct 2000, Suraj.co.in wrote:
> My Reply:
> 	Dear MKS, I already had asked you (during the first time we met) to
> give me a detailed description of the localisation and the research work
> going on in MIT Labs. Be it anything regarding Linux, pls give me the docs

Sorry.  Maybe I didn't remember.

> Dont forget to bring the Console tamil package tarball. Is the Anusaraka
> project ported to C?

NO. suddenly the project is slightly slowed down since one of the core member
left our centre.

> The screen shot (the most attractive was the kuppai!) is right now (hot and
> fresh) uploaded to chennailug.org and is available at :
> 	http://chennailug.org/pictures/kde_tamil1.gif

thanks.

PS:  You can put my linux tutorial in tamil (both TSCII and TAB format) right
away. (currently only 3 exercises are there) It is a plain text file. You need
to have a TSCII or TAB font file to read it, which are the major encoding
scheme practised today in TAMIL.  one can download TSCII font from
http://www.tamil.net/tscii/   and TAB font from http://www.tamilnet99.org.

Hot News:  Currently I am in the process of translating DOS-Win-to-Linux HOWTO
into tamil.  I downloaded the sgml source and 1/3 of the work is completed so
far.  The experience is like writing a book in tamil.  for some of the english
word I am taking help from Project Madurai (pmadurai@xxxxxxxxxxx) list to
translate into tamil.  (e.g. what is the tamil equiv. for the word
"Disclaimer" - i got a dozen of equiv. from that list).  When the rest of the
2/3 work completed, AFAIK that is the first HOWTO which got translated in
Indian Language.

-- mks --