Re: i810 and 3c905 drivers

On Thu, 19 Oct 2000, Suraj.co.in wrote:
> God damn me... it was my friend's RHL box... btw potato *has* I810 support!!

big deal that potato supports i810; even rhl6.2+updates supports 810 quite
well (without updates, support is flaky). if you want to compare to
potato, rhl 7.0 should be used for a fair comparison. rhl7.0 sees the 810
chipset during install and sets up things appropriately (atleast, it did
it for me, including x config; like the other os, it did not ask me how i
wanted things; just set it up the way IT wanted, and tough luck if i
didn't like it...). the 3c905 has been supported for sometime (i tried it
one time and it seemed to work).  the 3c905 uses the drivers meant for the
3c590/3c595 cards (3c59x driver);  the one time i tried, the card was
detected at boot time and the appropriate driver loaded.

sriram