i810 and 3c905 drivers

 HI again,

just installed debian potato 2.2 on my comp...
surprisingly, rh 6.2 crashed while it was trying to
install the kernel or while trying to detect the
network card...not sure which.. it gave some cryptic
python error messages and crashed... luckily debian
installed peacefully... and found the installation
scripts much superior to rh...

but im not sure how to configure my X... or my network
card... i wasnt able to find the network card driver
also... it wasnt listed in the hardware supported @
debian website...  but rh seemed to have detect it as
3c905.

can any1 help me configure the video card and network
card ???

and what is the command to play around with .deb's ?
as in install a particular package ?

as for IT.com, i want to help but im not sure how to
go about it.. my experience with linux is minimal
(mostly wrt to developing webpages with php,jsp and
stuff like that)... plus, right  now i can afford to
take a trip to b'lore... :(

i think atul is expecting too much... why dosent he
scream at microsoft india( :0) ) or sun  india for not
helping him out ???  ive seen the same kind of flames
on other linux mailing lists (php, gnome) where the
users blame the authors for not having a particular
feature.. if he wants a feature, he should either
write it or just shut up till someone is kind enough
to develop it for free and give it to him.... IT.com
seems to produce more noise than anything else..

just my $0.02,
Ananth

=====

There are no coincidence in life.....