Re: how to give webadmin control to a specific user?

M K Saravanan proclaimed:
> In our Intranet web server, everytime root is needed to administer the
> webcontent.  Is there is any way to give the webadmin control to a
> specific user?

You mean root permissions are needed to modify content that is served off
the web server?  That is not necessary.

1. Create a user and a group called www-data or web or something like that
(if such a user and group already does not exist).

2. In your httpd.conf add the following lines:

User www-data
Group www-data

3. Change the ownership of all the files under DocumentRoot (/var/www or
/home/www) to be owned by www-data and group www-data.  Make permissions
664.

4. Add users who will need permissions to modify content to group www-data.

Thaths
--
"[muttering] Ow, ow, stupid trash, rotten, stinky, hate world, revenge
       soon, take out on everyone..." -- Homer J. Simpson