dpkg vs rpm && /. gets cracked!

/. gets cracked
---------------

	Yes. www.slashdot.org just got cracked -

	The sad thing about the post detailing /.'ers is that the guy
posting about the break-in (think it was CmdrTaco) is still pretty
confused on whether he should use "hacker" or "cracker" and there is a
good 50-50 usage of both , kinda like, "I said the right thing (among
other things) and hence I'm right..." ... pretty pathetic if you ask
me.

 dpkg versus rpm
 ---------------

	There is a beautiful debate going on at
 http://freshmeat.net/news/2000/09/16/969163199.html  and I wonder if
any of you guys are following it?

	One last thing to debianers - licq 0.85-8 is broken - stick to
using -5 ... I learnt it the hard way :( .. And glibc is broken in the
last upgrade of woody or somesuch was what I heard - so "unstable" is
pretty much broken ... atleast at the moment - maybe they really
should go ahead with the "testing" distro and the "unstable" distro.

	hasta lavista,

	-ravi

--
Ravikant K.Rao | mowgli | ravi@xxxxxxxx | ravi@xxxxxxxxxxx