Yamaha OPL3-SAx

Hi

Sorry for the last post. I prolly forgot to paste the msg. (-;

 I recently bought a Yamaha OPL3-SAx snd chipset PCI card.
 I compiled my kernel for modular snd support so that sndconfig can be
used
 for configging.
 Even After having followed everything specified in
 /usr/src/linux/Documentation/sound/OPL3* I'm unable to configure my snd

 card.

 This is what /proc/pci has to say:
 --
 Bus  0, device  14, function  0:
    Multimedia audio controller: Unknown vendor Unknown device (rev 16).

    Vendor id=13f6. Device id=111.
    Medium devsel.  IRQ 10.  Master Capable.  Latency=66.  Min Gnt=2.Max

Lat=24.
 --
 I run debian and recently downloaded sndconfig from debian.
 sndconfig in probed mode wasn't any fruits. So I did a sndconfig

 produces some errors saying
 --
 sound-slot-0: insmod failed
 Device or Resource Busy

snd
 card. I also tried:
 --
 [root][~]# cat hello.au > /dev/audio
 insmod: /lib/modules/2.2.15/misc/opl3sa2.o: init_module: Device or

 Then I recompiled the all snd drivers (except beach turtle, M$ snd
system)
 into the kernel. Now when my system boots I can see the following:
 --
 Found OPL3-SAx (YMF719)
 <MPU-401 0.0  Midi interface #1> at 0x330 irq 9 dma 0

 when I do a cat /dev/sndstat:

 Load type: Driver compiled into kernel
 Kernel: Linux linuxtopia 2.2.15 #8 Tue Sep 12 19:04:30 IST 2000 i586
 Config options: 0

 Installed drivers:
 Type 19: MAD16/Mozart (MSS)
 Type 20: MAD16/Mozart (MPU)
 Type 21: CS4232

 Card config:
 (MediaTrix AudioTrix Pro at 0x530 irq 11 drq 0,3)
 (AudioTrix (SB mode) at 0x220 irq 7 drq 1)
 (AudioTrix MIDI at 0x330 irq 9 drq 0)
 (Yamaha OPL3-SA at 0x530 irq 11 drq 0,3)
 (OPL3-SA MIDI at 0x330 irq 9 drq 0)
 SoftOSS Virtual Wave Table
 (Ensoniq SoundScape at 0x330 irq 9 drq 3)
 (MS Sound System (SoundScape) at 0x534 irq 11 drq 3)
 (MAD16/Mozart (MSS) at 0x530 irq 11 drq 3,0)
 (MAD16/Mozart (MPU) at 0x330 irq 9 drq 0)
 CS4232 MIDI at 0x330 irq 9 drq 0
 (CS4232 at 0x530 irq 11 drq 0,3)
 OPL3SA2 at 0x370 irq 9 drq 0,1
 (OPL3SA2 MSS at 0x530 irq 9 drq 0,1)
 OPL3SA2 MIDI at 0x330 irq 9 drq 0
 (OPL-2/OPL-3 FM at 0x388 drq 0)
 Loopback MIDI Device drq 0

 Audio devices:

 Synth devices:
 0: SoftOSS

 But I read in the kernel docs that when a snd card in detected all the
 respective services such as MIDI, ESD, AUDIO etc., are initialised. Why

 isn't this happenning? Am I supposed to change the major, minors of
 /dev/audio, etc.,?

 I found a few solutions at the LI archives and ILUGC archives for
Yamaha PnP
 cards. So I copied them into my isapnp.conf. This too didn't work.

 The documentation that came with my card doesn't mention anything about

PnP.
 pnpdump produces the following:
 # Trying port address 0273
 # Trying port address 027b
 # Trying port address 0283
 # Trying port address 028b
 .
 .
 .
 # Trying port address 03e3
 # Trying port address 03eb
 # Trying port address 03f3
 # No boards found

 Does this mean my YMF719 isn't a PnP based card?

 How do I get my card working?

  -Suraj