booting problem after removing some RAM

Hi all,
    One of my RH Linux machine is having 256MB RAM. We took out 128MB for
another purpose. Afterwards when its rebooted, it is not even going to lilo.
After throwing the initial screen, where it will display the processor name
and RAM size, monitor is going blank. I tried booting from the boot disk but
there was no change(the monitor is showing blank screen as usual). Can
anyone tell me what the problem may be?

Thanks in advance,
Ram