chennailug.org - Site Updates

Hi Suraj.co.in ;)

    Suraj> hi Added a few more stuff on to the site.
    Suraj>    check out
    Suraj>       http://thunder.prohosting.com/~sur2000/index2.html ->
    Suraj> Better menus
    Suraj>       http://thunder.prohosting.com/~sur2000/index3.html ->
    Suraj> Better menus with penguin

	My 0.02:

		1] If you're going all out for frames, make sure
index.html has a link to a non-frames page as well. Or do some
fool-proof browser-detection and take him to the appropriate
page. _Assuming_ that _Everyone_ uses a GUI-browser is incorrect, imho.

		2] "wotz up u k00l d00dz" doesn't look
elegant. Remember that the page reflects that of a complete
organisation(?) ... and not that of _one_ guy -- imho, you can't have
such stuff. "What is up, people?" looks more elegant ... but again
. well, the assumption that _everyone_ is a Generation-X 31337 d00d
is wrong and doesn't look good on html ...

		3] Personally I like tables better than frames ... but
then again, since you're gonna build the pages, suit your
convenience. One request is: Do NOT use FrontPage Express .. the html
that it generates is _VERY_ crappy... and IE-customised. Infact, I
would rather you code your own html/sgml/php/xml/whatever.

		4] Make sure that the page is html 4.0 validated by
Bobby -- http://www.cast.org/bobby/

	No -- achitnis@xxxxxxxxxxx
	IIRC, www.chitnis.com is also his...

    Suraj> . Deva, can u pls tell me bout the

	Isn't it Deiva?

    Suraj> past, present and the future of this FTP access?)

	Like it was discussed in the meeting, and confirmed, you
should probably be asking Mr.Asokan, <mailto:pasokan@xxxxxxx> (I
_think_)

	-Ravi.
--