Re: Joystick Programming in Linux

>   Assuming that you want to use your joystick for a graphics program
> you might want to look at SDL
> simple functions for joystick which is all you have to use.
as a developer, we cannot expect out clients to install sdl for using
just one joystick function, so i thought of writing direct asm for port
communication. i have attached the files required for this, if it might
be helpful. anyway, thanx  for the help.
btw, pls i'd like help on the procedure to follow after recompiling the
kernel with the driver. what is compiling into the kernel and compiling
as a module. what is the use of insmod and modprobe, lsmod.. how do we
detect and use the hardware, in my case, say joystick. the lsmod listed
joystick as a module, but with 'unused' by the side.
pls help

http://im.yahoo.com/

-- Listar MIME Decryption --------------
-- Name   : myheader.h