Re: Read: SuSE Linux 6.3 - Nwtwork Card Support

"Ravikant K.Rao" proclaimed:
>     Shankar> Your message To: ilugc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: SuSE
>     Shankar> Linux 6.3 - Nwtwork Card Support Sent: Fri, 12 May 2000
>     Shankar> 13:50:37 +0530
>     Shankar> was read on Fri, 12 May 2000 14:13:30 +0530

>         With Outlook Express, you set some kind of a flag, wherein the
> message sent out has an "Confirmation Required" Tag attached to
> it.. and every receipient gets that tag.

>         Now, Apparently, the mailclient@xxxxxxxxxxx deems it necessary
> to auto-confirm or some-such ... without even asking the user... So I
> basically wont even blame Shankar...

<Anecdote>
Netscape Messenger also has these 'Return Receipts' feature.  But the good
thing about the way Netscape Messenger handles this is that it, by default,
asks the user if they want to send a return receipt.  Netscape was built
this way because of the security and privacy consciousness of Jamie
Zawinski who built the support for Return Receipts.
</Anecdote>

Thaths (who has earned his pay for this month ;-)
--
Homer: [yawns] Marge, I'm bored.
Marge: Why don't you read something?