Read: SuSE Linux 6.3 - Nwtwork Card Support

    Shankar> Your message To: ilugc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: SuSE
    Shankar> Linux 6.3 - Nwtwork Card Support Sent: Fri, 12 May 2000
    Shankar> 13:50:37 +0530
    Shankar> was read on Fri, 12 May 2000 14:13:30 +0530

	Hello,

		I did some researching on _why_ people send out such a
mail, and I discovered some rather interesting(?) things.

	With Outlook Express, you set some kind of a flag, wherein the
message sent out has an "Confirmation Required" Tag attached to
it.. and every receipient gets that tag.

	If you were to open the email that was originally sent out,
using OE itself, it will tell you all this stuff, and ask you if you
want to send the acknowledgement, or if you don't.

	Now, Apparently, the mailclient@xxxxxxxxxxx deems it necessary
to auto-confirm or some-such ... without even asking the user... So I
basically wont even blame Shankar... What I would request is, people
who post, please dont attach funny flags like "confirmation required"
or set it on high priority -- I've seen some messages looking like
that and many mailers tend to go crazy upon looking at one of those
hi-fi emails ... -- also, listar auto-sets reply-to: to ilugc@aero
.. so with every posting that one guy particular guy makes, the list
gets flooded with these "I received your email" kinda emails....

	Prabhu: Maybe you could tweak Listar to cat to admin ||
/dev/null such kinda standard format messages, with "Your message
<blah> was read on <blah>" ... ?

	Thanks for your time.

								-- ravi

--