Free!! Free At Last!!

Hi All,

   Just today I was about to place an order for 4 SGI 320's when I saw
   this :

   http://www.sgi.com/workstations/index.html

   SGI 230/330's runnning Linux and a graphics architecture that can do :

   hardware transform and lighting, texture mapping, and
   anti-aliasing.

   Previously the ONLY hardware that could do full screen antialiasing
   were the Octane and above with a /staring/ price of $20K. These
   machines cost just about $2.3K. /Very/ affordable if you are in the
   vertical graphics segment...

   Basically these machines have the nVidia chipset inside along with
   SGI's modified UMA. iirc, the GeForce was the first consumer card
   that can do full screen antialias, but Windows NT troubles made me
   stay away from these... So, with the rock solid HAL these should
   rock...

   In all fairness, my SGI 320 has /never/ crashed on me even once. But
   I would attribute that to the fact that SGI rewrote the HAL for the
   h/w, oh, and its got firmware, no BIOS :)

   Anyways, joy joy joy :) Now, I'll have to stop typing before I start
   drooling all over the keyboard... :)

Cheers
BGa