Open source and Thamizh

I have received a mail from Dr V Venkataramanan (a physicist working
 Japan now)  who will be in India between April 23 and May 12.
He will be mostly in Bangalore and for a brief visit to madras
He is willing to give a talk here. Let me quote from his mail:
<beginquote>
I plan to give a talk (apart from my research) at IISc about
"Freeware and Opensource movement in Tamil - thus far and further" (in
 tamil and english), will anyone be interested in this talk in chennai
(some institution?)
 <endquote>

 If this interests you please inform me, I will organize a meet.

P Asokan

About Dr Venkataramanan: He is keen to make wide variety of content
available in Thamizh over the internet.
He has written many articles in Thamizh (www.thinnai.com) on science
and technology (Transmeta, Genes, "hacking")
In his site "kavic cilanthi" (www.memebers.xoom.com/yappu) he has
 articles on Thamizh lietrature , grammar, and book reviews. (he does
 all the HTML work, working with a Japanese keyboard!)
 He is trained in composing aasiriyappa, veNpa, vanjippA, kalippa .