Re: A novice review on Redhat 6.2

i will add my experiences also (have been running for a couple of days).

if you had a partition that you want mounted in some non-standard
directory (say, a windoze partition you want mounted in /win95), older
versions would make an entry in the fstab file, without checking if the
directory existed or not; if you did not create it by hand, the system
would of course crib about a missing mount point during boot. 6.2 is
clever enough to check if the mount point exists and create it if it does
not. rhl6.2 autodetected my ibm p72 monitor as also my s3savage4 video
card (the card had problems in x3.3.5 which came with rhl6.1) and it is
reasonably supported in the new x3.3.6 which is included. now redhat uses
a separate doc cd which contains all the faqs, howtos etc etc. maybe,
debian or suse may be better, but for a redhat fan like me, 6.2 is aok.

sriram