Compiling the Kernel... unable to get bz image

    Suraj> Hi :-) I compiled the kernel just as how the Kernel-HOWTO
    Suraj> says, (Of course with make bzimage) but after make ran only

	 If you have a .bz2 file and the bzip2 program (read about it at
   http://www.muraroa.demon.co.uk/), do this:

     bz2cat linux-x.y.z.tar.bz2 | tar xvf -

==> From the Kernel-HOWTO.html File

	4.2 Compile time

   After depending and cleaning, you may now `make bzImage' or `make
   bzdisk' (this is the part that takes a long time.). `make bzImage'
   will compile the kernel, and leave a file in arch/i386/boot called
   `bzImage' (among other things). This is the new compressed kernel.
   `make bzdisk' does the same thing, but also places the new bzImage on
   a floppy disk which you hopefully put in drive ``A:''. `bzdisk' is
   fairly handy for testing new kernels; if it bombs (or just doesn't
   work right), just remove the floppy and boot with your old kernel. It
   can also be a handy way to boot if you accidentally remove your kernel
   (or something equally as dreadful).

	Note that it is "make bzImage" and *NOT* "make bzimage"
. That *does* make a difference in Linux - It is case sensitive.

    Suraj> vmlinux was produced and not vmlinuz ...  I have bzip2
    Suraj> installed and running properly, Now... How do I get a bz
    Suraj> image

	And if you managed to unpack the source from *.bz2 or
*.tar.gz, I suppose you're done with bzip2 ... you dont need it
anymore ... I think you're confusing bzip2 with bzImage.

	Read this:

NAME
       bzip2, bunzip2 - a block-sorting file compressor, v0.9.5
       bzcat - decompresses files to stdout
       bzip2recover - recovers data from damaged bzip2 files

DESCRIPTION
       bzip2  compresses  files  using  the Burrows-Wheeler block
       sorting text compression algorithm,  and  Huffman  coding.
       Compression  is  generally  considerably  better than that
       achieved by more conventional LZ77/LZ78-based compressors,
       and  approaches  the performance of the PPM family of sta­
       tistical compressors.

 bzip2 is a freely available, patent free, high-quality data compressor.
 It typically compresses files to within 10% to 15% of the best available
 techniques, whilst being around twice as fast at compression and six
 times faster at decompression.
 .
 bzip2 compresses files using the Burrows-Wheeler block-sorting text
 compression algorithm, and Huffman coding.  Compression is generally
 considerably better than that achieved by more conventional
 LZ77/LZ78-based compressors, and approaches the performance of the PPM
 family of statistical compressors.
 .
 The archive file format of bzip2 (.bz2) is incompatible with that of its
 predecessor, bzip (.bz).  If you need to extract old *.bz files,
 please also install the Debian package "bzip".
 .
  Home Page: http://www.bzip2.org/
     Author: Julian Seward <jseward@xxxxxxx>

	HtH