Re:Re: is there any way to expand the fs size

Hi
Thanks for the quick and informative reply now for some clarifications,

>	I seriously doubt that it would be a trivial thing in DOS.
>The problem is exactly the same.  The filesystem is just different.

what i meant was since in DOS you specify where to install new
software...(which dir etc)you just add some more space and start installing
software there.The main problem here is getting the new software installed
in my linux system and linux (as far as i know)installs software in
predecided directory.

>this run defrag (making sure to move hidden files).  Once this is done
>use fips or partition magic for the shrinking of the partition.

  This part is not what i wanted...I mean this is clearly given in the IGS
that is on the CDROM.

>Next use cfdisk to create a linux partition on the newly created
>partition.
>man mkfs or man mke2fs. Format this partition.
>mount the partition into an appropriate directory.
>copy relelvant data or make necessary symbolic links.
>edit /etc/fstab suitably.
>You are all set.

   This is the part i want information on .I hope there is more info in the
IGS about this..The IGS on the CDROM didnt seem to have any 'relevant'
information on editing  /etc/fstab..etc but then again maybe i didnt go
through it carefully enough.

regards,
singh.