Re: Internet / Web Softwares for Linux Re: adding partitions

> 1. What are the best Web Page Designing Software Packages and
> Graphics
> Packages on Linux?  Where can I download them from?
we have netscape composer that comes along with netscape communicator
,and, i recently downloaded a s/w "Webdesigner" from
webdesigner.linuxave.com  it looks good, i havent used it , but take my
word, the best sites that are done use no great html editors. all they
use is just a text editor. :-)
> 2. Is there a Web Site from where I can download softwares for Linux?
>  Will
> you please give me the URLs?
linuxapps.com linuxberg.com(i think it ius same as linux.tucows.com)
download.com freshmeat.net

and...
now for the adding partition, if you use fdisk and add your partition
as say /disk2 on your /, you will hardly be 'expanding' your space. in
case you were to install any s/w it gets installed into /usr dir by
default. So it wont help much. the best thing to do would be to copy
your /usr(as it is the biggest of dirs) to your new partition. i think
you can do this in only single user mode as you'll have to unmount
/usr, copy contents of /usr to new partition to say /disk2 rm -fr /usr
then mv /disk2 /usr then edit /etc/fstab and add entry for /usr . thats
it. i did the same, but had my /usr telling me that /usr is full. i
think this was because i did not unmount before copying.
ATB