Is my system Hacked?

hi,

  after attending this week ILUGC meeting, as krishnan said I checked the
/var/log/secure file to find out suspicious login in my system.  For my
surprise I
found the following line:

Mar 25 23:20:53 aukbc3 in.telnetd[740]: connect from 199.224.86.36

Is this represent a hack attempt?  using nslookup i found this ip DN is
thyme.epix.net.  Is it any possibility to find out the user who tried to
telnet?
M K Saravanan,
Design Engineer,
The AU-KBC Centre for Internet & Telecom Technologies,
Madras Institute of Technology, Anna University,
Chrompet, Chennai 600 044.
Tamilnadu, INDIA

email: mksarav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ph & FAX (Off):  (091) (044) 2402711