Checking Dynamic IP Address!!!!

Hello friends
      I am having some questions,
   1. How can i find Dynamic IP address of my Linux
box while i am in the net(direct connection and also
using proxy server if it is a client for that proxy).

   2. How can i assign my Static IP address to my
Linux Box. Assume that i already registred my domain
name in NIC.
     Pls give me more details about how to run our own

Web Server.

By
Xelamurugu