Re: PCQ expo posters. [long]

hi,

    Oommen> I beg to differ.  In US, there are several companies, who
    Oommen> bundle preinstalled Linux. Dell and VA Linux are
    Oommen> examples. In India too, as the price tag is very
    Oommen> important, some vendors (like MINICOMP) do ship with Linux
    Oommen> installed.  But the trend is not very popular though.

	I and you know about VA since we know about linux. But how
many others in the US who are new to linux know about it?  In any case
it is far worse here.

    Oommen> Pls do not pass any judgemnet like this.  I would suggest
    Oommen> saying the pros and cons and let people decide.  Else, it
    Oommen> gives an impression that there are different 'types' of
    Oommen> Linux which are different and a qn of standards comes in.

	That was to make sure that no one was sleeping. :)

    Oommen> Pls DO mention on dual boot, to emphasise that one need
    Oommen> not sacrifice the M$ OS to have Linux. Maybe one for kids
    Oommen> and Linux for the techie member in the family !!

	I differ here.  You dont need to be techie to use linux.  One
can play q3a peacefully on linux too (as I do ;).  My dad and mom are
not techie and there is _no_ other OS at my place.  But of course I am the
sys admin. :)

    Oommen> Also, pls mention cases of BIG servers run on Linux. Like
    Oommen> google. See what they say.  "To provide the net's best
<snip>
    Oommen> that Google is THE best/fast search engine available now,
    Oommen> not considering the limitations it has.

	Yes, yes,  we need quotes like that.  Thanks.

    Prabhu> NAMES HERE PLEASE.

    Oommen> Imagine Technologies

	Cool. That is just what we want.  A one liner would do too.

prabhu

P.S. Roshan, Ive got the ball rolling please ask the guy who is in
charge of the posters to snarf all useful ideas. :)