Monitor Problems...

hi,

>>>>> "mudit" == mudit mahajan <ruchie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

    mudit> Hi all, I'm having a bit of a problem with my
    mudit> monitor. Occasionally, while in X, the monitor just blanks
    mudit> out, sometimes, even while I am working. Its something like
    mudit> the suspend mode in win95 (you can hear the internals
    mudit> crackling slightly & the led on the front glows on & off).

	Now, does this happen when the m/c is not being used and if
and when it does happen does it come back on if you move the mouse or
keyboard or does the system crash?  If it has crashed and if you are
on a network can you ping the machine?

	If it happens when you are working and is definitely not a
DPMS blank out (man xset) then it is possible that your horizontal and
vertical refresh frequencies are incorrectly set for X.  This is can
certainly be dangerous for your monitor and you _can_ blow it up.
Read your XF86Config file and find out what the values of HorizSync
and VertRefresh and check your monitor manuals to see if they are in
the right range.  If they are not re-run XConfigurator or xf86config
and reconfigure X.