need some help

in RH6.1, i get the error 'wrong medium type' when i try to mount any
cd. i have checked the fstab file and checked with all kinds of CDs.
this does not happen in RH6.0 and of the 3 installations of RH6.1 on the
same m/c the first time, this error wasnt there. what monitor type do
you select for LG Studioworks 14" ?
how do we startx with graphical login in init5? my Xconfigurator doesnt
work good. how do i do it without using Xconfigurator?
pls help