Minutes of the meeting on the 29th of Jan

hi,
	Since no one has bothered to post the minutes so far...

	The Last meeting was held on Saturday 29th Jan 2000, at the
usual place -- IITM computer center, courtesy Prof. Sriram.  We had a
record attendance for this meeting with about 47 attendees.  For the
first time a few folks had to stand.  Thaths, are we entitled for free
subscriptions for linuxjournal now (or you want us to cross 50)?? :)
As usual we saw a large number of new folks.  The main events during
the meeting were

(1) a very educative technical talk on file systems in unix with
particular relevance to the ext2 filesystems by George Samuel.  The
next talk may possibly be about reiserfs (the amazing journalling
filesystem used by him and a few others in Chennai).

(2) A snazzy, display of some hot games on linux.  Vikram brought his
machine (with the hot 3dfx Vodoo3(?) video card with 16MB(?) VRAM) and
plugged it into Prof. Sriram's 17'' monitor.  He demonstrated two of
the hottest games (their demo versions) recently released games for
linux, Unreal Tournament and Quake 3 Arena, running accelerated under
X using the glide drivers.  The demo was very impressive and has us
all waiting with bated breath for X 4.0! (and several others longing
for amazing hardware like Vikram's!! :)

	We also had the usual discussions, doubt clearing etc.

Insufficient facts always invite danger.
		-- Spock, "Space Seed", stardate 3141.9