Re: Debian Problems

On Feb 09, Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:
> hi,

>     Gautam> I have a debian tutorial with me, which says:
>
> 	I guess it is old.  It isnt there on slink
>
> $ less /etc/X11/config
> /etc/X11/config: No such file or directory
> $
>
> prabhu

Hi,

I installed slink (courtesy Dr.Sriram) and I was not able to  use my wm without creating the /etc/X11/config with the text in it. I still have it with me. Would gladly send it to anyone who needs it. It's not very advanced, even I didn't need it much. So you can see how basic it is. It was not there for me too, I created it. Hope I am a bit clear now.

BTW, I would like to know how you start your favourite wm without this. I don't use debian anymore, but I am just curious.

Gautam