Re: ISDN, PHP on Linux.

Chitoor, Srikrishnan forced the electrons to say:
> (a) Reg PHP:
>   "[Mon Feb  7 15:10:33 2000] [error] (8)Exec format error: exec of
> /home/httpd/cgi-bin/date.php3 failed".
>   "[Mon Feb  7 15:10:33 2000] [error] [client 192.168.1.4] Premature end of
> script headers: /home/httpd/cgi-bin/date.php3".

Have you got the php3 modules loaded? You should check in your httpd.conf file
- you have to loadmodule libphp3.so and addmodule mod_php3.c.

> (b) Reg ISDN:
>
>     Has anyone tried to successfully setup ISDN under Linux. If so, we would
> like to talk to you to fix some problems we are having. Kindly send us your
> phone number.

Well, I am using ISDN in far, far away Bombay, so telephone might be a
problem :-)

How are you using ISDN? Via a card? The module to load is hisax.o. The
only one that I have seen. There are various parameters to give the
module - my /etc/conf.modules entry is:

options hisax io=0x340 irq=7 mem=0x2000 type=5 protocol=2 id=hisax

YMMV.

Afterwards, you do an isdnctrl readconf <conffilename> Then, more
isdnctrl's.  Mainly to add phone numbers and so on. Read its man page. The
command isdnctrl is too complicated to explain here. Finally, write the
configuration back to a file - isdnctrl writeconf /etc/isdn/isdn.conf

Now trigger dialling by isdnctrl dial ippp0 (or whatever you have given in
/etc/isdn/isdn.conf). It should connect. Also use isdnlog. Read all these
man pages. When you are through, isdnctrl hangup ippp0. ISP authentication
is almost always via PAP, so get your pap-secrets file setup as well.

It will take some time to get the connection tuned to your taste, but it
works, and how!

If you are using an ISDN modem, the all you have to do is to dial via your
favourite dialler program - use ATD<number> instead of ATDT<number>.

Note: The RPM to have installed is isdn4k.<something>.rpm.

Binand