Re: news server - mailing list comparison

George Samuel forced the electrons to say:
>           I have used leafnode (a light weight new server).It works well.I
>           used the vsnl news server.The initial getting of newgroups from
>           vsnl server takes a lot of time , more than an hour.After that you

>From Mr. Suresh Ramasubrahmaniam's postings in linux-india, I undestand that
the vsnl news server is blacklisted by most of the internet news feeders,
because of excessive spamming and lack of enthusiasm to block spammers from
vsnl's part. So I would suggest one of the other free news sites. deja.com is
an excellent site, with a fantastic search interface to newsgroups as well.

So far as news readers go, I use slrn, and it is great! The killfile feature
of slrn is excellent, plus highlighting etc., a la mutt. It is lightweight as
well, on my RHL 6.0, it is 186 kB.

Binand