Re: kppp for users

hi,

On Mon, 20 Dec 1999, Deivanayak T Balakrishnan wrote:

> In continuation with my discussion in the meeting about kppp for users...

<snip>

	What is your distribution?  Debian?  If it is debian, you need to
add the user who wants to dial out to the group dip and dialout.  like so

# adduser user_name dip
# adduser user_name dialout

As regds the permissions on pppd
do an ls -l /usr/sbin/pppd and see if there it reads like so
-rwsr-xr--   1 root     dip        105884 Jun 19  1998 /usr/sbin/pppd

if it does then techincally your pppd daemon perms are ok.  If it isnt as
above
do # chmod ug+s /usr/sbin/pppd

	I dont know if kppp also needs to be suid root'd. If it does then
do the same as above for kppp. i.e. chmod ug+s /path/to/kppp/kppp

HTH,