kppp for users

In continuation with my discussion in the meeting about kppp for users...

I created a group called modem and put root, two other users in it using user manager in KDE

i changed the /usr/bin/kppp link to point to /usr/sbin/kppp and changed group permission to modem and user permission is still root

I changed /usr/sbin/pppd group permission to modem group, user root

I did the same with /etc/ppp/pap-secrets and /etc/ppp/options

Now - user click on ppp gives - set setuid bit on - contact administrator Any pointers about where i am going wrong

Deivanayak